Caprock is a multi-family office that serves as the CIO and CFO for ultra-high net worth families. We advise on approximately $8 Billion of assets, with a particular focus on private investments. We work closely with successful families to bring order, structure, and intentionality to every financial decision through thoughtful long-term planning and wealth management. Caprock’s experience and thoughtful approach to all aspects of portfolio management assists the families we serve in achieving their long-term goals and objectives.
Caprock is privately owned with locations in San Jose, New York, Seattle, Newport Beach, Park City, and Boise.
How you will spend your time:
The Manager of Real Estate Investments will help develop Caprock’s strategy for deploying and managing more than $1 billion of real estate and real estate-related funds. Responsibilities will include leading initial and ongoing diligence for private fund managers and direct co-investment opportunities, development of a pipeline of investments that identifies important investment themes and client needs, leading and cultivating deep and respectful relationships, and communicating clearly with internal and external stakeholders in both written and verbal formats.
- Lead initial and ongoing fund manager due diligence processes.
- Review and analyze a diverse range of investment-related materials including financial statements, industry trends, cap tables, projections, third party reports, and proprietary models to evaluate investment opportunities;
- Review and negotiate investment documents to identify and clearly articulate important terms including fees, expenses, potential conflicts, risks, and liquidity provisions;
- Author client-facing and internal manager recommendations that clearly and succinctly communicate the risks and opportunities an investment offers.
- Perform industry reviews to develop investment themes and identify investment opportunities;
- Coordinate with managers on the Caprock platform regarding the fundraising schedule for future strategies and funds;
- Develop and actively manage an investment pipeline for private fund investments;
- Lead all aspects of investment manager relationships;
- Coordinate diligence and quarterly review meetings with investment managers and actively communicate manager and fund performance, including critical updates throughout the life of an investment;
- Manage all aspects of the onboarding process with new investment managers;
- Participate in select investment manager meetings to strengthen manager relationships and partnerships;
- Identify potential client prospects at events and conferences through active networking;
- Contribute to research and development of investment themes and capital market assumptions;
- Contribute to the development and preparation of monthly and quarterly investment commentaries and forecasts for both internal and external audiences;
- Participate in client meetings led by Client Advisors when applicable;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance, Accounting, or Business degree preferred;
- MBA or CFA preferred;
- 5 – 7 years of experience leading and conducting private fund diligence and making investments in private funds and companies.
- Experience at a single or multi-family office or pension funds, insurance companies, funds of funds, or similar where the role included significant private fund diligence preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating investment terms and understanding complex fund models and special investment vehicles;
- Demonstrated interest regarding financial markets and traditional and alternate valuation techniques;
What We Provide:
Caprock is committed to investing in its people and the communities we serve.
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure;
- Contribute the maximum allowed to employee 401(k) plans;
- Employer-paid premium for health/dental/vision benefits for employees and their dependents;
- Paid parking and phone reimbursement;
- Nine paid holidays;
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
Caprock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.