Established in 2005, Caprock is a privately owned, multi-family office providing objective advice and customized wealth management strategies to individuals and families, advising on over $8 billion in client assets. Caprock develops customized wealth strategies for individuals and families who don’t have the bandwidth or expertise to do it on their own. Decisions are based on unbiased, rational analysis with one goal in mind: to protect and grow client’s wealth. Caprock builds portfolios with intent and design. They develop a comprehensive understanding of both a family’s assets and their mission, and from this, construct a framework with which to evaluate every decision, continually monitoring progress towards stated goals. The result of this approach is a portfolio by design rather than by default.
Caprock has become a recognized leader who differentiates themselves by providing their clients with curated innovative solutions and impartial advice on the holistic view of customers’ wealth. Caprock has an experienced impact investment platform across all asset classes. As a founding B Corp, Caprock’s commitment to impact investing is long-standing and principled. They’ve deployed approximately $1 billion in impact-oriented capital across every asset class. They analyze ESG factors associated with client allocations and report on impact returns across the entire portfolio.
Caprock is privately owned with locations in San Jose, New York, Seattle, Newport Beach, Park City, Austin, and Boise.
How you will spend your time:
As Head of Corporate Development, this leader will drive a significant part of the firm’s growth engine. They will have primary responsibility for developing and executing Caprock’s advisor recruitment and lift-out strategy. This effort is key to the firm’s goals of expanding the business in new markets and in the markets Caprock already serves. They will have a significant role in driving the growth of AUM and revenue.
Caprock is looking for an exceptional individual, someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, industry credibility and networking acumen they can use to further expand Caprock’s visibility within the industry. These attributes will help this person contribute to execution of the firm’s inorganic strategy by helping surface and create new acquisition opportunities.
- This individual must have a current and comprehensive knowledge of the wealth management landscape, including emerging trends. They must be able to clearly define approaches and messaging to articulate how Caprock is positioned to help both advisors and clients succeed in this landscape.
- The Head of Corporate Development will work as the “lead recruiter” in attracting the best advisors to the Caprock platform. They will develop and cultivate relationships with complimentary wealth management firms as acquisition targets, teams within those firms as prospective lift outs and exceptional individual advisors as new hires.
- They will represent the firm and attend industry events and conferences to enhance Caprock’s presence and further establish the firm’s highly respected reputation and brand recognition.
- Wealth Management Ecosystem. Deep understanding of the business; highly knowledgeable on the full range of services and strategies involved in serving high-net worth clients.
- Advisor Recruiting and Lift Out Activities. Experience in scaling a platform through the recruitment of financial advisors. Solid understanding of advisor teams and experience with advisor team lift-out efforts.
- Corporate Development. Experience in corporate development, especially in supporting the execution of inorganic growth activities by generating acquisition opportunities.
- A natural “problem solver” with the ability to work effectively in environments that require a hands-on approach and high level of accountability.
What We Provide:
Caprock Is committed to investing in its people and the communities we serve.
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure;
- Contribute the maximum allowed to employee 401(k) plans;
- Employer paid premium for health/dental/vision benefits for employees and their dependents;
- Employer paid life insurance;
- Paid parking and phone reimbursement;
- Nine paid holidays;
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
Caprock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.