Caprock is a multi-family office that serves as the CIO and CFO for ultra-high net worth families. We advise on approximately $8 Billion of assets, with a particular focus on private investments. We work closely with successful families to bring order, structure, and intentionality to every financial decision through thoughtful long-term planning and wealth management. Caprock’s experience and thoughtful approach to all aspects of portfolio management assists the families we serve in achieving their long-term goals and objectives.
Caprock is privately owned with locations in San Jose, New York, Seattle, Newport Beach, Park City, and Boise.
How you will spend your time:
The successful Private Investment Associate will be a core member of the investment team participating in investment strategy and manager selection. The Investment Associate will have a wide variety of investment-related responsibilities including in-depth private fund manager diligence; co-investments; investment monitoring; pipeline management and liaison with investment managers. The position will also include investing in private impact funds, and impact reporting. This person will directly report to the Chief Investment Officer with a secondary line to the Managing Director of Impact and Sustainable Investments.
- Contribute to Caprock’s initial and ongoing manager due diligence process across asset classes;
- Review and analyze a diverse range of investment-related materials including financial statements, industry trends, cap tables, projections, third-party reports, and proprietary models to evaluate investment opportunities;
- Review LPAs, PPMs, and operating agreements to identify and clearly articulate important provisions including fees, expenses, potential conflicts, risks, and liquidity provisions;
- Assist with coordinating the diligence required to underwrite new private investment opportunities across asset classes, including impact investment funds;
- Perform industry reviews to develop investment themes and identify investment opportunities;
- Serve as liaison to selected investment managers to coordinate diligence calls, gather investment updates and facilitate questions and answers related to investments.
- Manage all aspects of the onboarding process with new investment managers;
- Contribute to research and development of investment themes and capital market assumptions;
- Contribute to the development and preparation of monthly and quarterly investment commentaries and forecasts for both internal and external audiences;
- Assist in the production of client-facing materials including the monthly chartbook, quarterly commentary, investment memos and other materials;
- Perform other tasks and projects as needed.
- Conduct and manage impact reporting through Caprock’s proprietary impact reporting framework.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. In Business Administration or Finance preferred;
- CFA or MBA preferred;
- 3 – 5 years of experience conducting due diligence and making investments in private funds and companies;
- Familiarity with asset allocation modeling and Monte Carlo simulations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to confidently lead meetings with asset managers.
What We Provide:
Caprock is committed to investing in its people and the communities we serve.
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure;
- Contribute the maximum allowed to employee 401(k) plans;
- Employer-paid premium for health/dental/vision benefits for employees and their dependents;
- Employer-paid life insurance;
- Paid parking and phone reimbursement;
- Nine paid holidays;
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
Caprock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.